Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hmmmmmm.

So I'm over at MMM soaking up the financial wisdom and I have (again) come across the blurb that if you don't have $1000 saved for emergencies, your hair is on fire and it is an emergency to be dealt with by locking yourself in your house to prevent money spendage (yes I invent my own words) on ANYTHING besides peanut butter (yes I also am the queen of run on sentences; you can handle it). Okay I'm exaggerating a little about the peanut butter (but not my much).

As much as my financial nincompoop alter ego doesn't like that, he's right. I think drastic measures need to be taken.

My best idea is that for every purchase I want to make (ie my financial nincompoop self would normally make), I need to add that to a piece of paper. When the total gets to $10, I need to transfer that 10 over to savings. Or pulse it out! That way, the money we've been wasting all along will end up in the savings account instead of in someone else's bank account. Or at the least, just leave it in the account. But.....

I don't know how 'on board' my husband is with this idea, so leaving it in the account could be risky. I've mentioned it to him in passing but he's quiet and stoic and he doesn't really share what his thoughts are about everything. Plus he's stubborn, and if I nag him about something, he's guaranteed to do the opposite. So I have to tread carefully.

Can I link to MMM's blog? I think I can! (I'm new to this stuff.) Read the above referenced post by MMM here:

No comments:

Post a Comment