Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Helping Others Save Money

My favorite person (well one of them) always said, "Sweetie, I believe we are put on this Earth to help people."

One of the most effective ways to feel worth as a human being is when I've helped someone. I asked the other day on Freecycle what everybody else paid for their internet. One user commented that she'd like to know my results, as she is also on a low budget and trying to help put on her her kids through college. I gladly shared my results with her, shared my philosophy* and also linked to my blog.  Her response was one of excitement and gratitude. You're welcome, and Thanks to you too 'lala!'

A friend of mine who is a single mom with three kids struggles to get by. If she could only have enough extra to invest in herself, she could take this class and earn more. I told her that if she could get 50 people to pitch in $30, she would be there! So she created a fundraiser. This is just one example (sharing a viewpoint or an idea) of how to help others. **

Each one of us has a skill set or knowledge base that if put into the right hands/audience, can really help others out (one of mine is horse training and behavior modification, and also decluttering/simplifying/organizing households. If you're in my area (Austin, TX), drop me a line!!). Also, a person, regardless of their age/circumstance, might not know MORE than someone else, but might have different knowledge that can help others. So always be open to learning from whomever it may be.

So put yourself out there and help others, and also be ready to be helped. If people just know about what you need, they do care and want to help!

*part of my response to her: "You are welcome! Remember, a company has to earn your business, and if they are not catering to their customer, it is up to the customer to fire them for bad behavior. Otherwise we are going to end up, as a country, as people who are dependent/beholden to the companies that provide services to us. We have to be willing to fire them and do without in order to make them see that they can't push us around. Good luck!!"

**If you'd like to contribute to her fund, please go here!!
http://www.gofundme.com/kfytrg




No comments:

Post a Comment