Monday, March 2, 2015

Time Warner Internet Ridiculousness

I remember the good old days a few years ago, when our Time Warner Cable bill was about $45/month. It has slowly creeped up to where it is now $86/month!!! We have been loyal customers for, oh I don't know, ten years now, and I feel like we deserve better treatment.

My husband likes to watch TV shows online plus we use Netflix to watch movies from our phones and tablets. I personally watch 0-2 movies a month, so mostly, this is my husband's luxury.

I checked out basic service but they all seem to limit your data. We've never gone below 78 Gigs of data per month. I think for now my husband is not willing to downgrade service, so instead we researched what other companies were offering. We picked one of their offers and I called Time Warner. I told them that I was going to switch unless they could get me the introductory rate of the same service we currently get, which is $44.95/month (before taxes). She put me on hold for a while then said we could get the 200 mbps service for $57.99/month. I said, how much for just the same service we get now? Hold please. Ok ma'am we can give it to you for $23/month less than what you are paying now.

I was so excited that I said yes, when I SHOULD have said, no thanks, we want the intro rate, or we walk. Doh! I'll remember next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment